Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Collaborate and coordinate with customers, trade allies, contractors, vendors, department staff and other stakeholders to ensure accurate implementation of program measures.
- Conduct pre- and post-inspections of energy efficiency measures installed at customer locations.
- Conduct field visits to customer locations throughout Con Edison's service area to verify installation of energy efficient measures and document existing conditions.
- Review program information and project applications for compliance with technical requirements.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of inspections and provide documentation to program management.
- Support training of department staff.
- Educate customers, trade allies and other external stakeholders about the Company's energy efficiency and demand management programs.
- Keep abreast of industry trends.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related technical disciplines And At least 5 years of work experience, including 3 or more years of experience in the commercial energy field
Required Work Experience
- 5-7 years At least 5 years of work experience, including 3 or more years of experience in the commercial energy field Required
- Knowledge of building energy systems Required
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills. Required
- Experience in energy efficiency, demand management or other competitive, market-driven utility programs Required
- Strong written and oral communications skills Required
- Utility, deregulated energy efficiency or sustainability experience. Preferred
- Effective communication of technical information Preferred
- Experience interacting with customers and/or contractors and trade allies Preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to drive results through collaboration Preferred
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented Preferred
- Self-starter with demonstrated abilities to work as an individual contributor and on teams Preferred
- Technical writing skills Preferred
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Preferred
- Experience educating customers, contractors and trade allies about energy efficiency and /or selling customers energy efficient equipment Preferred
- Familiar with new energy efficient technologies Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.