Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Data Manager will be the point person for data management within Corporate Communications & Strategic Partnerships. Core responsibilities include: 1) Managing systems and administration for Strategic Partnerships; 2) Managing communications and grantmaking databases to ensure easy, intuitive access to information for various stakeholders; and 3) Analyzing diverse data sets and communicating key stories/findings to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Design, implement and manage group's strategic dashboards to track and report on advancement of the group's goals and objectives.
- Participate in setting reporting priorities and in establishing control mechanisms to ensure effective review and timely completion of charitable projects funded by Con Edison.
- Work with vendors to maintain well-organized, accurate and usable databases.
- Support the data analysis and reporting needs of Corporate Affairs.
- Prepare tables, graphs, maps and other visualizations to help those involved easily digest the data.
- Communicate metrics, analyses, and insights in comprehensive report to senior staff and others affected by the results.
- Ensure that team members have easy access to communications metrics and high-level analyses for multiple campaigns and communication channels. These channels include, but are not limited to: employee email, customer email, intranet, internet, advertising, podcasts and social media.
- Develop insights from communications metrics to flag problems, provide creative insight, evaluate the effectiveness of internal & external campaigns, and offer solutions to support the business objectives of Corporate Affairs and our clients.
- Gather data on actual impacts of charitable grants to ensure funded programs are on-track (mid-point reports) and to assess the ultimate values of the investment (end-point reports).
- Map charitable giving to visually track which neighborhoods and communities benefit from the company's program.
- Develop analytics and reporting that will support further expansion of the company's charitable giving and employee engagement programs and assess the impact of our programs.
- Review grant reports for compliance and credibility and provide guidance to grantee as needed for improvement.
- Compile results into stakeholder-relevant summary reports (including content to convey Con Edison's philanthropy and value created) filtered by geography, beneficiary type, and program area.
- Evaluate efficacy of Strategic Partnerships reporting; identify opportunities to improve and implement adjustments.
- Manage grants administrator and oversee the accurate and timely processing of payments for the Strategic Partnerships team
- Configure the grants management system to make it more user-friendly and intuitive using dashboards, automated reports, automated communications and increasingly digital processes
- Serve as emergency responder and participates in all aspects of Public Affairs responsibilities during emergencies and assist in preparation of emergency preparedness information. Performs various Corporate Affairs functions as directed by the Section Manger, Strategic Partnerships.
- Responsible for providing strategic analytical expertise to assist the department in enhancing the efficiency and efficacy of the department, its programs and goals.
- Manage and complete detailed assignments within specified time frame, and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Public Policy or a related field is preferred. And at least three years of related work experience Or
- Master's Degree in Business Administration is preferred. And at least two years of related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Public Policy or a related field is preferred And three years of related work experience
Required Work Experience
- Will have strong data analysis experience and will lead the production of new reports and robust analytic approaches to the department's initiatives.
- The ability to extract and analyze data, patterns, and related trends in an evolving data environment is mandatory, with the subsequent ability to synthesize the data into information consumable by senior management.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally, visually and through preparation of reports and other materials.
- Must be able to find a story within data and communicate it qualitatively.
- Will demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence, attention to detail and the importance of personal accountability.
- Must have superb business process analysis skills.
- Will be a service-oriented leader with a passion for data and problem-solving.
- He or she will possess the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, complex work environment.
- Must demonstrate solid mathematical ability, analytical thinking, and effective oral and written communication of quantitative and qualitative findings.
- Experience developing and overseeing the execution of engagement programs; including employee volunteer programs, matching gifts, and internal and external events and signature programs.
Skills & Ability
- Promotes information sharing
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be flexible in work hours required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.