Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Business Associate - Analytics is responsible for supporting the organization with the initiation, design, implementation, and delivery of a variety of data analytics projects, both ongoing and ad hoc, to help the Company and the Energy Efficiency and Demand Management department make data-driven strategic decisions, acquire more customers, and improve internal operations. Analytics projects include, but are not limited to, model building, data visualization, benefit cost analysis, and short- and long-term forecasting. Members of the Analytics team work closely with each other, the department, and other organizations to seek creative solutions that result in opportunities for program and business growth. The Senior Specialist demonstrates a high regard for personal accountability and the ability to deliver comprehensive analysis of programs and products that drive business performance.
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations (Dashboards) by integrating various data sources
- Communicate insights from analytics to business users and decision makers
- Mine large datasets with Python using descriptive statistic and providing actionable business insight
- Develop and maintain automated data acquisition processes from primary and secondary sources, and build scripts that are flexible and scalable
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or self-initiated curiosity
- Perform other related tasks and assignment as required
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data analytics, economics or related quantitative fields And 1 year business experience
Required Work Experience
- Minimum ofone year relevant business experience (including co-op or internship). Required
- Exposure and understanding of Unstructured data, IoT and Big Data Required
- Ability to leverage Python and R machine learning packages to solve business problems Required
- Intermediate Tableau, Power BI, and Oracle Visualizer Required
- Beginner MS SQL / PostgreSQL Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.