Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Commercial Demand Response programs, including making real-time decisions in uncertain situations and managing staff.
- Oversee all operational aspects of demand response including the dispatch of demand response events and monitoring and verification of performance, on-call duty and coordination with system operations and directing a group of on-call employees.
- Direct all administrative aspects of demand response including program design, customer enrollments, and settlements.
- Manage budget and related processes for demand response programs.
- Monitor, analyze and report on program performance and status to internal and external stakeholders, including senior management.
- Develop relationships with the New York Public Service Commission, New York Independent System Operator, and other stakeholders to promote the interests of Con Edison. Maintain awareness of State, Federal, and Independent System Operator rules and programs that impact Con Edison's demand response programs. Oversee the promotion of the growth of the programs through marketing, training, and communications with customers.
- Manage software used to administer and operate the programs. Responsible for data management and quality control, and data requests.
- Ensure exceptional service for customers and stakeholders.
- Work with other internal stakeholders to maximize the value of Demand Response for the Company's benefit.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Economics, Information Technology, or related field Or
- Master's Degree Engineering, Economics, Information Technology, or related field
Required Work Experience
- 5-7 years Relevant work experience Required
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with stakeholders to build consensus. Required
- Strong communications, presentation, writing skills and analytical skills. Required
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture and attention to detail. Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure. Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment. Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Req
- 5-7 years Work experience in demand response, energy efficiency, or other competitive, market driven utility programs Preferred
- Experience with partners and vendors Preferred
- Knowledge of IT projects throughout their lifecycles, PL/SQL Preferred
- Technical writing experience Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.