Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Conduct a wide range digital forensic investigations. Applicants should be able to create timelines and complete a root cause analysis.
- Provide support to investigators that may be related to civil litigation and/or criminal matters.
- Proficient in using known commercial and/or open source, incident response and forensic software.
- Knowledgeable of current and evolving cyber threat landscape
- Required to preserve digital evidence, perform malware analysis, perform a detailed network analysis, be proficient in social media/open source research, and identify digital artifacts in a wide range of mobile, embedded, desktop, and server architectures.
- Research various Cybersecurity Technologies and work with SMEs to make recommendations.
- Aware of and support operational areas in various regulatory requirements related to cyber incident response.
- Willing to be flexible and take on technically challenging and complex assignments when requested to do so.
- Ability to maintain strict discretion and confidentiality.
- Required to perform research in new and emerging fields that relate for digital forensics and they must be able to develop their own scripts and software.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years of relevant forensic or cyber security related experience Or
- Master's Degree And 2 years of relevant forensic or cyber security related experience
Required Work Experience
- At least 2 years of forensic or cyber security related work experience. Required
- Knowledge of current and evolving cyber threat landscape. Required
- Awareness of support operational areas in various regulatory requirements related to cyber incident response. Required
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications. Required
- Ability to compile data into presentations and reports. Required
- Ability and willingness to execute technically challenging and complex assignments. Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Required
- Must have strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills. Required
- Must have familiarity with popular DFIR tools for preservation and analysis. Required
- Ability to identify forensic artifacts within various types of file systems, operating systems, and networks. Required
- Proficient in coding in one or more programming languages. Preferred
- Experience with researching cyber security technologies. Preferred
- Forensic certifications such as ACE, EnCE, GIAC GCFA or similar are preferred. Preferred
- Experience working with industrial or operational technology. Preferred
- A strong background in one, or more, of the following fields: digital forensics, telecommunications, computer science, electrical engineering, or technical writing. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to travel between company locations including CECONY/O&R and subsidiaries.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.