Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Corporate Affairs department is seeking an experienced and dedicated individual to direct its Queens Regional and Community Affairs office.
- The Queens Regional and Community Affairs Director manages and directs Con Edison's community affairs and regional government relations activities, including emergency response communications, for Queens.
- The Director is resonsible for developing and enhancing relationships with elected officials, government agencies, community boards and key community and business leaders to effectively promote Company initiatives throughout the borough.
- Responsible for enhancing external relations by creating and maintaining a positive corporate presence in the local community.
- Attend and present at community meetings, public hearings, and civic events.
- Collaborate with senior management in Queens Electric Operations, Gas Operations and other operating departments to coordinate community relations and determine impacts on the local communities.
- Provide project management assistance to Company programs and operational functions, managing Regional and Community Affairs strategy from project initiation.
- Closely monitor economic development activities in the borough and facilitate relations with public and private partners.
- Facilitate support of key economic development projects in the borough and monitor re-zonings and other land use changes.
- Advise and make recommendations to senior executives on regional and community affairs policies, strategies and initiatives.
- Create and maintain community strategic partnership opportunities by cultivating relationships with not-for-profit organizations, Business Improvement Districts and local government agencies.
- Monitor community and political issues and events which may impact the Company.
- Manage reporting in tracking databases and coordinate with other areas in Corporate Affairs as well as operating departments for emergency and routine activities.
- Collaborate with operating departments to provide information to local elected officials, community boards and other stakeholders about major capital projects, planned construction work, and emergency activities.
- Manage communications with local stakeholders during emergencies and performs all required emergency duties.
- Support and collaborate with Media Relations in communicating with local media.
- Support volunteer activities.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And At least 8 years professional experience, preferably in or working with government, community relations, public relations, communications or emergency preparedness.
Required Work Experience
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills. Required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, experience with public speaking and making public presentations, and the ability to work effectively with a broad array of local communities. Required
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and oral communications skills. Required
- Solid experience in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Required
- Ability to organize, plan and manage special events. Preferred
- Familiarity with energy industry issues and utility operations a plus. Preferred
- Project management experience a plus. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.