Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Organize internal and external events for Strategic Partnerships, including but not limited to, meetings, workshops, employee recognition events, trainings and galas.
- Communicate and coordinate event logistics with internal and external stakeholders including community partners, vendors, facilities management, caterers, and security.
- Manage departmental event calendar, including coordinating invitations, tracking RSVPs, and managing table seating and guest lists.
- Ensure effective project management including ownership and adherence of timelines, accurate tracking and evaluation of results on overall project goals.
- Create event briefings in coordination with grant managers.
- Track internal ticketing requests and manages ticket fulfillment. Act as on-site contact and representative for events hosted by Corporate Affairs.
- Provide administrative and event support for employee engagement programs including, but not limited to, the Culture Card Program, Employee Volunteer Program, Employee Children's Scholarship Program, and the Con Edison Scholars Network. Coordinate promotion of these opportunities on company intranet.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Serves as emergency responder and participates in all aspects of Public Affairs responsibilities during emergencies and assists in preparation of emergency preparedness information.
- Bachelor's Degree with two years of related work experience, Or
- Associate's Degree with four years of related work experience.
Required Work Experience
- Strong attention to details and a firm commitment to meeting deadlines Required
- Ability to manage multiple events and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and poise to interface with internal and external customers. Required
- Must possess analytical and creative problem solving skills to respond to and manage unexpected issues. Required
- Unwavering attention to detail, impeccable organizational and time management skills and commitment to exceptional customer service required. Required
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and with a small team to reach challenging goals under tight deadlines. Required
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in event planning and project management Preferred
- Proficiency of Blackbaud Grantmaking a plus Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.