Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Follow and enforce the Department's change management process related to changes to the networks and electronic systems at the control centers in accordance with regulatory and departmental requirements. Ensure the timing of the changes does not jeopardize the availability and reliability of the systems.
- Promote best practices and use of cybersecurity tools and ensure necessary procedures and guidelines are followed by employees and contractors to ensure complete compliance with the regulatory requirements, including NERC CIP and FERC Standards of Conduct requirements.
- Monitor the various computer systems, hardware and software, and take actions in response to problems and alerts, according to procedures and guidelines and ensure the integrity of the systems.
- Interface with internal customers such as computer operations staff, technicians and operating personnel and other Company groups and assist in their needs.
- Interface with outside customers such the New York Independent System Operator (NYISO), generator owners and neighboring utilities.
- Perform periodic backup save sets. Review guidelines and procedures as assigned by the supervisor and managers.
- Perform periodic power supply tests at the control centers. Supervise the work of the Watch Mechanic as related to operating orders, breaker preventative maintenance and scheduled feeder outage. Coordinate with them during events such as fire drills, evacuations and inclement weather.
- Direct work to the technicians as necessary and applicable (e.g., circuit repair, device repair, communications problems, remote terminal units testing and repair, Mimics, etc.)
- Perform various assignments as directed by the supervisors and managers.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience Or
- Associate's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience
Required Work Experience
- Working knowledge of networks and computer systems.
- Computer proficiency including experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of cyber security preferred.
- Understanding of energy utility industry is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to interact with personnel on all levels.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.