Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Directs, coordinates and controls all activities associated with the installation and removal of primary and secondary cable for the electrical distribution system.
- Provides technical review of construction documents (layouts, specifications, drawings, addendum, contracts, etc.) on projects for constructability, cost and schedule.
- Evaluates the performance and integrity of the electrical distribution system and participates in the development and implementation of goals and plans to upgrade the underground distribution system.
- Communicates and administers operating procedures, engineering plans, and specifications to ensure compliance.
- Ensures the development and maintainance of an appropriate level of technical expertise that will improve the competence of all Cable personnel.
- Directs and enforces the administration of the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Contract.
- Provides a positive employee relations atmosphere through the proper and effective administration of the Company's personnel policies, performance appraisal, discipline, and Security protocols.
- Enhances the Company's public image by effectively directing the performance of the section's personnel and the appearance of its equipment. Instills a customer centric focus in subordinates and peers. Actively seeks to identify and implement methods to ensure excellence in every stakeholder experience.
- Foster communication between WRM/WOs, Field Services and the Construction team to establish productivity goals and assess performance against expectations for Supervisors and crews.
- Monitor and improve false start reductions, participate in scheduling and productivity metrics meetings and collaborate with the planning team to prioritize resources while ensuring FTS and Supervisors support effective work planning.
- Monitor productivity and unit cost trends and collaborate with direct reports to create and implement appropriate quality assurance protocols to drive the team towards continuous improvements.
- Perform other related assignments, as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical or business curriculum is required. Engineering degree is preferred. Master's degree is a plus. And eight years of experience in an operating or construction area is required. Or
- Master's Degree in technical, business, Engineering or related field. And six years of experience in an operating or construction area is preferred.
Required Work Experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills to engage personnel, drive for results and lead a large field organization required. Req And
- Minimum three years experience supervising management and three years supervising weekly employees is required. Req And
- Must be well organized, demonstrate a high energy level, flexibility and be able to handle multiple assignments while meeting deadlines. Req And
- Must be articulate, have a professional demeanor and be competent dealing with all levels of management, union personnel and customers. Req And
- Working knowledge of and field experience in the maintenance and operation of electrical distribution systems is strongly preferred. Pref And
- Working knowledge and application of standards such as relevant EOs, CEHSPs and GEHSIs is highly preferred. Pref And
- Working knowledge of WMS/Logica and BI is strongly preferred. Pref And
- Should be experienced in the preparation and management of a sizeable capital and O&M budgets, planning processes, implementing, directing, and controlling the work of both union and management employees and handling complex personnel and productivity issues. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to wear respiratory protection and required personal protective equipment, as needed.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to work extended hours as system emergencies require.
- If not already certified, within 18 months must complete ICS training to meet Incident Commander (ICS300) requirements.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.