Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Prepares the accrual and compliance function (tax return preparation and related payments) for state and local gross receipts taxes and various state and local excise taxes.
- Prepares tax schedules for the SEC, FERC, PSC and other regulated companies filings and reports.
- Prepares schedules in support of the cash forecast and budgeting functions for gross receipt and excise taxes under the direction of the Senior Tax Accountant.
- Assist in preparation of rate case schedules in support of rate case testimony under the direction of the Senior Tax Accountant.
- Participates in meetings held with stakeholders, including those for billing matters related to customer billings for gross receipt and excise taxes.
- Monitors pronouncements from taxing agencies for changes in the tax law or tax rates.
- Analyzes general ledger accounts, reconciles variances and resolves discrepancies.
- Preparation of ad hoc analyses under the supervision of the Senior Tax Accountant.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years of work experience; Or
- Associate's Degree with 4 years of work experience
- Degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
Required Work Experience
- Two year's work experience in the field of accounting including demonstrated experience in one or more of the following disciplines; general accounting, tax, or plant asset accounting Required
- Strong technical background in GAAP Accounting for indirect taxes Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications - Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word Required
- Familiarity with Company systems including Oracle and/or PowerPlant preferred Required
- Familiarity with Alteryx data science and analytics software Required
- Must possess strong leadership skills and have the ability to influence and persuade others to improve work practices/processes while maintaining internal controls Required
- Ability to understand and integrate large data analytics Required
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and oral and written communication skills Required
- Leadership skills, the ability to coach, motivate, develop and direct the activities of teams through use of influence skills Required
- Ability to work independently and exercise discretion and sound judgement while providing quality customer service Required
- Flexibility and the ability to multi-task and execute timely deliverables while working under aggressive timelines in multiple tax jurisdictions Required
- Professional demeanor, confidence dealing with all levels of management and other Company personnel and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential information Required
- Proficiency with Company systems including Oracle, CIMS and/or EZVMS Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.