Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Develop and manage sales cycle from lead generation to closing and documentation. Cross sell and up sell energy efficiency and demand management products and services to increase sales efficiency and production
- Sell electric and gas energy efficiency and demand management programs.
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate all sales program performance against goals. Develop recommendations for sales program improvements. Collaborate with program teams, building engineering, market research/analytics and marketing on Sales programs.
- Support business development for all energy efficiency and demand management programs and ensure that all program guidelines are met.
- Support and implement an effective sales strategy. Manage sales presentation and customer commitment documentation.
- Build, maintain and create new relationships with customers, market partners and other stakeholders
- Work closely with the Company's Market Research/Analytics and Research and Development teams and other energy-related research organizations, such as EPRI, AGA, E-Source to understand new technologies, sales process and tools to support growth and achieve business goals and keep informed of industry trends
- Liaison with New York Public Service Commission Outreach Marketing and Education Staff and represent the Company on various New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, New York Independent System Operator and other committees/interest groups pertaining to the sales of programs
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with 5 years of relevant work experience.
Required Work Experience
- Proven sales experience
- Experience with customer relationship management tools
- Experience in sales cycle from lead generation to closing
- Experience in energy efficiency and demand management technologies and measures
- Knowledge of utility pricing and tariff structure
- Strong communications, presentation, sales and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to drive results through collaboration with internal teams and stakeholders
- Computer skills Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Sales force certification, experience or training preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within and outside of Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.