Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- On a daily basis the Elevator Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing a team of mechanics to meet all scheduled production requirements. This includes conformance to all safety requirements, code and design specifications.
- Visit all locations to inspect job conditions for necessary repair work and ensure proper maintenance is being performed
- Layout organize plan and work with dispatching to schedule maintenance and repair work.
- Must ensure that the Human Performance Improvement (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily job briefings and work activities conduct safety lectures and Job Briefing to reaffirm the critical importance of safe work practices and procedures
- Ensure that all work is properly planned, and equipment, personnel and materials are available when work begins
- Adheres to Company policy assuring that all work is conducted without causing injury or illness to employee or the general public. The person must be aware of and comply with all pertinent laws and company rules, policies and work practices. Additionally, the person should require similar awareness and compliance from all employees for whom he/she has responsibility.
- Ensure all personnel; tooling and material are efficiently used.
- Issue recommendations for productivity performance, achieve operating goals and provide reliable customer service.
- The supervisor is also responsible for conducting On the Job Training (OJT), effective job briefings, documented safety inspections and ensures that all personnel attend training as required.
- Contributes to Environmental excellence by performing all work in a professional manner, in accordance with the highest standard of environmental protection and control.
- Ensure that compliance with safety regulations regarding operational procedures and upkeep.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations by conducting safety meetings.
- Maintains timecards and attendance reports.
- Ensures good housekeeping in shop and worksites.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) on procedures or process improvement as required.
- The Elevator Maintenance Manager will partner with the training administrator to recommend requisite environmental, health and safety training
- The Elevator Maintenance Manager will update computer and hard copy record systems to document and approve work time and expenses of personnel and performance of work to establish milestones and schedules.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Must be committed to the Way We Work Principles, and adherence to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S).
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing the Customer's Experience.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED 7 years Relevant Elevator Experience And Must have NYC Agency Director License
Skills & Ability
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to inspire and develop staff
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Effective leadership skills
- Possesses strong product knowledge
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be clean shaven and approved to wear a 1/2 face or full face respirator
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.