Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The System Specialist is responsible for leading testing activities in coordination with both legacy and product development work management system (WMS) teams. The System Specialist is responsible for leading testing activities associated with both internal development and vendor implementation efforts, from project initiation through post implementation. The System Specialist will initiate testing efforts, lead internal IT and work with cross-functional teams as required, engage vendors and company stakeholders, and monitor and control all activity throughout the testing life-cycle. The System Specialist will work on the on-going testing support of the existing IT application portfolio in IT BSD WMS. This position is also responsible for the day-to-day administrative tasks, problem solving, and issue resolution associated with the testing activities.
- Leads testing activities for projects and on-going product management, identifies opportunities and creates a project plan to meet strategic testing objectives and outcomes. Oversees the development and deployment of automated testing solutions. Prepares budget and tracks costs.
- Portfolio Scope: Testing lead for one or more technology products, subsystems of major enterprise applications or medium sized department portfolios. Plans multi-year testing roadmap for assigned portfolio. Manages and prioritizes customer requests (demand management). Analyzes testing requirements and presents solution options. Provides expertise and delivers value beyond immediate initiative goals.
- Deliverables: Design testing documents and metrics, establish defect triage process and communication plans.
- Business Relationships and Management: Coaches and influences IT and business managers in technology testing decisions. Engage with internal and external partners regularly to overcome blockers and develop efficient and widely usable testing approaches. Understands and anticipates the needs and requirements of It and business partners. Prepares and conducts regular status updates.
- Vendor Management: Effectively develop, manage, and strengthen vendor relationships to align vendor products and services with business and IT objectives
- Decision Making: Provides guidance and develops alternatives and recommendations. Gains support for recommendations.
- People Leadership: Manages employees and contractors. Provides regular development feedback. Lead IT team and work with cross-functional teams to achieve all goals. Coach and technically train new team members.
- Operations: Manages incidents including timely and relevant communication. Triage problems, remediate, analyze root cause, and implement incident prevention using techniques such as Human Performance Improvement
- Performance Improvement: Participates in IT process improvement teams. Ability to analyze, discover, and recommend opportunities for systems or process improvements
- Communications and Change Management: Communicates effectively across multiple stakeholder groups to influence project outcomes and steer towards enterprise goals. Proactively engages leadership at the manager and general manager levels. Partners on delivering successes and managing challenges early. Solicits and implements feedback. Manages change proactively.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience Or
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree
Required Work Experience
- 3-5 years Experience managing, mentoring, and teams; preferably testing teams Required
- Experience with IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management (RCLM). Work Item resolution in CCM. Test Execution with RCLM
- Knowledge of software project management approaches: Agile, Waterfall, DevOps, SAFE Required
- Must have excellent work ethics and integrity. Required
- Ability to understand, analyze and communicate requirements and business solutions. Required
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources. Required
- Must be able to plan, organize and lead meetings. Must be able to translate functional to technical information. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills. Required
- Experience testing packaged software a plus. Preferred
- Experience as a testing lead on a medium to large scale systems development project is a plus. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to lead/manage others
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.