Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assist senior EMPG staff in monitoring developments in the regulation of wholesale natural gas and electricity markets by reviewing filings at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Analyze the impact of potential changes in market rules or rates, including interstate pipeline rate cases, on the reliability and cost of service for Con Edison and its customers, and recommend courses of action.
- Work with internal stakeholders to formulate recommended company positions and proposals on key issues.
- Prepare position papers on energy issues relevant to our advocacy priorities, and articles for internal newsletters on wholesale market regulation.
- Make presentations on market regulation issues to executives and other company employees in variety of settings, including staff meetings, seminars, and meetings of internal committees. External presentations may also be required.
- Advocate on behalf of Con Edison and its customers at stakeholder working group meetings and national association committee meetings. Participation in such meetings would also be useful to gain insight as to stakeholder views and issues, and to share such insight with EMPG staff. Also, will assist in preparation of presentations and other back-up materials for meetings.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And at least 3 years of work experience Or
- Master's Degree at least 3 years of work experience
Required Work Experience
- Must have a minimum of three years of work experience (five years is preferred). Req And
- Must have knowledge of or interest in wholesale energy markets. Req And
- Able to work independently and offer recommendations to management based on sound business judgment. Req And
- Must also be detail oriented, flexible, and able to handle multiple assignments and required deadlines. Req And
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to read and summarize lengthy documents quickly. Req And
- Must have strong research skills and be able to conduct basic quantitative studies. Req And
- Understand the vital importance of Commitment to Excellence and possess a high regard for Con Edison's Corporate Values and Mission and cultural priorities. Required
- Knowledge of wholesale natural gas markets and interstate pipeline practices, and/or familiarity with the NYISO, PJM and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission wholesale market activities or knowledge of bulk power systems, substations, gas transmission systems and/or generation operations is required. Required
- Knowledge of bulk power systems, substations, gas transmission systems and/or generation operations is also desirable. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.