Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Monitor energy policy, regulatory policy and political developments. Analyze proposed policies to identify and calculate impacts on the Company and our customers. Develop summaries of key regulatory orders, articles, and issues. Distribute to relevant personnel and edit into articles for department publications.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adheres to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health & Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Engage in discussions and meeting to deepen and strengthen our relationship with state energy regulators and other stakeholders in our field, including developing educational materials and events for state energy regulators.
- Coordinate regulatory outreach activities throughout Con Edison and Orange and Rockland Utilities.
- Work with subject matter experts across the company to support the development of company positions on key matters.
- Develop advocacy pieces in the form of documents, presentations, and filings to support the Company's advocacy work.
- At the direction of the department director, provide additional support to the department as needed.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Policy, Political Science, Economics, Environmental Science, Engineering, or other relevant discipline preferred. with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in the utility or energy industry or another highly regulated industry is required Or
- Master's Degree Masters of Business Administration or Masters of Public Policy preferred with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in the utility or energy industry or another highly regulated industry is required
Required Work Experience
- Experience working on regulatory or governmental matters, directly or in a support role, with state energy regulators or legislators; a diversity of operational or staff position experience working for a regulated utility or in another regulated industry
- Experience working on governmental relations and policy issues strongly preferred.
- Experience analyzing business and financial impacts desirable.
- Fluency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory as well as to Albany, NY or other locations as needed.
- May be required to carry handouts, laptop computer, etc. to meetings.
- Must be willing and able to travel between New York City and Albany on an occasional basis, via automobile or train. Other travel may also be required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.