Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The System Analyst is responsible for testing activities, with a focus on automation, in coordination with both legacy and product development work management system (WMS) teams. The System Analyst will conduct automation testing activities, and other required testing as needed, associated with both internal development and vendor implementation efforts, from project initiation through post implementation. The System Analyst will develop and build test automation frameworks, research best-in-class automation tools, conduct proof of concepts. The System Analyst will develop, build, maintain, enhance, and run test automation scripts. The System Analyst will work with cross-functional teams as required, engage vendors and company stakeholders, and support all activity throughout the testing life-cycle. The System Analyst will work on the on-going testing support of the existing IT application portfolio in IT BSD WMS. This position also contributes to the day-to-day administrative tasks, problem solving, and issue resolution associated with the testing activities.
- Conducts testing activities for projects and on-going product management, identifies opportunities and offers options, recommendations and solutions to meet strategic testing objectives and outcomes. Conducts development and deployment of automated testing solutions. Contributes to budget and tracks costs.
- Portfolio Scope: Assist in Technology road mapping, Shares limited expertise toward the effort of creating business value. Contribute to the development efforts of in-house built applications and implementation efforts of vendor systems. Support production systems by troubleshooting and resolving low complexity system/client issues. Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Testing subject matter expert for one or more technology products, subsystems of major enterprise applications or medium sized department portfolios. Contributes to multi-year testing roadmap for assigned portfolio. Analyzes testing requirements and presents solution options. Provides expertise and delivers value beyond immediate initiative goals.
- Designs testing documents and metrics, establishes defect triage process and communication plans.
- Business Relationships and Management: Provides updates to project plan, reports critical issues. Troubleshoots and resolves client issues. Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals. Engages vendors/sponsors at the right level of detail for example in weekly status meetings. Proactively engages others outside the project teams to bring in expertise to work to solve technical issues.
- Decision Making: Identifies issues, develops alternatives, provides recommendations.
- People Leadership: Works independently and provides guidance to other employees and contractors. Actively seeks input from team members to facilitate quick resolution to issues. Demonstrates commitment and integrity and serve as a role model for team members.
- Vendor Management: Effectively develop, manage, and strengthen vendor relationships to align vendor products and services with business and IT objectives
- Operations: Conducts incident triage, remediation, root cause analysis and recommends preventive actions including HPI.
- Communications: Strengthens business relationships, managing and maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders. Leads or contributes to team discussions. Proactively raises issues.
- Performance Improvement: Participates on IT process improvement teams. Makes suggestions on system or process improvements
- Perform other related and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience Or
- Associate's Degree And a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED Technical Certification in IT technologies And a minimum of 5 years work experience in relevant field
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree
- Associate's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree
Required Work Experience
- Experience with automated software testing for an enterprise software deployment. Required
- Knowledge of software project management approaches: Agile, Waterfall, DevOps, SAFE. Required
- Must have an excellent work ethic. Required
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources. Required
- Experience with IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management (RCLM). Work Item resolution in CCM. Test Execution with RCLM. Preferred
- Experience with Micro Focus Unified Functional Tester. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.