Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Accountant will be responsible for processing and analyzing payroll queries and reports for labor and taxes for all three companies: Consolidated Edison, Orange & Rockland and Con Edison Transmission to ensure we-re in compliance with applicable accounting, tax, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for responding to payroll related inquiries in our HR PeopleSoft Help Desk for active employees and retirees, and being able to fully analyzing and interpret employee's exception time within the HR/Payroll system. The Accountant will become an Administrator of our third party company ADP Solution in order to handle payroll tax matters throughout the year. In addition, assist the Section Manager and Senior Accountant with special assignments, projects, and various studies performed within the Section.
- Assist Section Manager and Senior Accountant with the execution of all payroll processes ensuring that they are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Respond to inquiries from employees, retirees, other internal stakeholders and external parties.
- Audit and reconcile Finance recognition awards to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate and comply with any auditing inquiries from internal and external auditors.
- Perform reconciliation of various Payroll sub-ledger accounts.
- Analyze and review processes to ensure they are performed in accordance with approved General Accounting Procedures (GAP) and Corporate Instructions (CI).
- Review regulatory, accounting and tax law changes as they apply to the area of responsibility.
- Assist with garnishments and ensure employees are in compliance with the requested third party collections.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field.
Required Work Experience
- 2 years Two (2) years of full time experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field required Req And
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (required) Req And
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (required) Req And
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles Req And
- Strong analytical skills Req And
- Ability to build strong customer relationships Required
- Proficient in PeopleSoft Payroll system Pref And
- Proficient in Oracle EBS Pref And
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.