Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Systems Analyst or Sr. Systems Analyst will manage a technical staff of employees and/or contractors responsible for supporting the suite of SCADA applications for 4 regional Distribution Electric Control Centers (DECC) and/or Gas & Steam Control Centers.
- Patch testing: patch servers at Operating System and firmware level.
- Maintain application/database change and interface with support vendors.
- Utilize management skills to define road maps and delivery for complex and high impact projects related to SCADA applications, REV and AMI.
- Promote a customer service oriented team by emphasizing professionalism, honesty, concern, courtesy, excellence and teamwork in the group.
- Promote a positive work ethic in support of our Corporate Values and Mission, with a commitment to environmental excellence and safety in the workplace.
- Periodically review and update procedures and Disaster Recovery documents related to SCADA systems. Participate in disaster recovery drills and address after action items.
- Perform various administrative duties such as approving time sheets, and receipting invoices.
- Develop system alerts and respond to system alerts 24x7.
- Contribute to team discussions, understands infrastructure needs across all teams within the group, and ensure cooperation to achieve goals with infrastructure support while prioritizing deadlines of multiple projects.
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery drills and address after action items.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree And 5 years work experience in relevant field of the 5 years, three (3+) years technical experience required (System Analyst 1H) Or
- Bachelor's Degree And three (3) years to five (5) years of relevant experience Minimum three (3) years for System Analyst 1H; or
- Minimum five (5) years for Sr. Systems Analyst 2L.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Business, a plus Experience with SCADA applications, strong Unix administration skills, experience with networking design and configuration. Background in networking and cybersecurity.
Required Work Experience
- Sr System Analyst (2L) requires 5+ years of experience with the following: Unix/Linux Scripting, Application development/support, network monitoring and management, Req Or
- Systems Analyst (1H) requires 3+ years of experience in an analytical capacity, e.g., business analysis, programming, engineering, network operations or system design. Req
- 3-5 years Strong skills and experience with Unix/Linux operating systems. Req
- 2 years Experience supporting production systems on a 24x7 basis Pref
- 3-5 years Strong skills and experience with the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required. Pref
- 3-5 years Knowledge of SCADA systems Pref
- 3-5 years Experience supporting Electric Distribution Operations and Gas Operations Pref
- 3-5 years Ability to plan work of self & others and resolve technical and other problems Pref
- 3-5 years Specific technical knowledge to be specified at the time of posting.
Skills & Ability
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.