Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The System Analyst or Sr. Systems Analyst is responsible for ensuring the continuous functionality of Unix infrastructure supporting Engineering and Electric Control Center Applications. This individual will be responsible for supervising, hiring, training, and on-boarding analysts and/or contractors. This individual will be responsible for daily user support, server and application patching, application upgrades) while working with other business units to complete projects. This individual will coordinate with other teams to drill Distribution Electric Control Center Business Continuity plans and Disaster Recovery drills.
- Manage a technical staff of employees and/or contractors responsible for supporting the Unix and Linux servers and associated storage environment in the Distribution Electric Control Centers.
- Patch testing: patch servers at Operating System and firmware level.
- Maintain application/database change and interface with support vendors.
- Promote a customer service oriented team by emphasizing professionalism, honesty, concern, courtesy, excellence and teamwork in the group.
- Utilize design skills to define Technical Design Specifications for complex and high impact projects.
- Promote a positive work ethic in support of our Corporate Values and Mission, with a commitment to environmental excellence and safety in the workplace.
- Periodically review and update procedures and Disaster Recovery documents.
- Perform various administrative duties such as approving time sheets, processing equipment orders, and submit quotes for new hardware.
- Research external software/hardware solutions, when needed. Manage Proof of Concept (POC) and ITPMO approval processes where necessary.
- Contribute to team discussions, understands infrastructure needs across all teams within the group, and ensure cooperation to achieve goals with infrastructure support while prioritizing deadlines of multiple projects.
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery drills
- Create 24x7 ''On Call'' support schedule, as well as schedule on site support when needed for support during ICS/CERC. Available to work off hours as operationally required. May need to work at other company locations, as required. .
- Work in a collaborative environment, interfacing and developing relationships with groups from all areas of the company - business representatives, IT supporting teams, as well as vendor/contractor team members - in order to perform thorough requirements analyses and deliver solutions that benefit the entire organization.
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery drills and address after action items.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree And 5 years work experience in relevant field of the 5 years, three (3+) years technical experience required (Sr. System Analyst 2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree And three (3) years to five (5) years of relevant experience Minimum three (3) years for System Analyst 1H; or
- Minimum five (5) years for Sr. Systems Analyst 2L.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Business, a plus Strong Unix/Linux administration skills, experience with networking design and configuration. HPVM, RedHat, Storage platforms, Database Administration
Required Work Experience
- System Analyst (1H) requires 3+ years of experience with the following: Unix/Linux Server administration in a large enterprise environment. Req Or
- Sr. Systems Analyst (2L) requires a minimum five (5) years experience in an analytical capacity, e.g., business analysis, programming, engineering, or system design. Req
- 2 years Strong skills and experience with Unix/Linux operating systems. Req
- 2 years Experience supporting production systems on a 24x7 basis Pref
- 2 years Strong skills and experience with the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required. Pref
- 2 years Knowledge of SCADA systems Pref
- 2 years Experience supporting Electric Distribution Operations Preferred
- Ability to plan work of self & others and resolve technical and other problems Preferred
- Specific technical knowledge to be specified at the time of posting.
Skills & Ability
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.