Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provide administrative support to the Director consisting of: managing, maintaining and coordinating calendar schedules, answering phones, taking messages, organizing mail, updating phone lists, making travel arrangements, creating expense reports and including Company car mileage reports.
- As directed, assist with updates and submission of various internal reports.
- Handle private and sensitive matters ethically and confidentiality.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Prioritize assigned responsibilities as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Analyze incoming requests and distribute follow up as necessary.
- Develop, review and edit correspondence and reports to the Director.
- Organize and/or assist with planning meetings, off sites and social events.
- Provide administrative support to the Director's direct reports and staff with limited supervision.
- Will fill in for Executive Assistant of the Vice President and Sr. Vice President.
- Order and maintain office supplies, manage conference rooms, arranging visitors, and processing invoices timely.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And minimum of 4 years of assistant experience. Or
- Associate's Degree And minimum of 6 years of assistant experience. Or
- High School Diploma/GED And minimum of 8 years of assistant experience.
Required Work Experience
- Must have experience in office management or administrative professional capacity. Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Required
- Attention to details and ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple assignments. Required
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. Required
- Discretion in handling confidential matters and information. Required
- Ability to coordinate projects and reports. Required
- Adaptable to frequent changes in workload and willing to work overtime when business needs dictate. Required
- A Self motivator, highly energetic, and constantly strives for excellence. Required
- An exceptional team player willing to help where needed on a variety of projects. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.