Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison is seeking a Senior Marketing Specialist to join its Advertising & Social team. Under the supervision of the Advertising & Social Manager, this role will work cross-functionally to assist with creating targeted advertising campaigns that will educate and engage customers about Con Edison's clean energy initiatives, customer services, and energy efficiency products and services. You will be a critical stakeholder in the development of tactical media campaigns including media strategy, creative content, research, performance data and analytics reporting, and assist the Digital Media Manager with media actualization and billing.
- This role will also assist the Social Media Marketing Manager with social media strategy including the creation of proactive and reactive social content, community management and channel growth. You will provide strategic input on branded content, thought leadership, executive social, and competitive insights and trends. The Senior Marketing Specialist will be visible across client marketing and corporate communications; identifying, articulating and executing current best practices including paid and earned media and analytics.
- Work with advertising & social teams to assist in developing data-driven marketing strategies and customer education and awareness campaigns for internal clients to promote programs that benefit customers.
- Work with agency partners to assist with media planning, creative/content development process for marketing plans and campaigns, e.g., messaging, print collateral, websites, multimedia assets, digital ads, radio, and TV.
- Work with agency partners and marketing analytics team to track and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and activities. Includes preparing reports for leadership and stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance and consistency with Con Edison brand and sub-brands across marketing initiatives, e.g., messaging framework, visual assets, and key terminology.
- Maintain creative asset library and track usage rights.
- Assist Digital Media Manager with monthly budget tracking, agency billing and actualization.
- Work with Social Media Marketing Manager to develop integrated social media strategies and curate content to be shared across social media channels to achieve marketing goals.
- Support earned media placements with social amplification strategies.
- Manage boosted content across social media channels.
- Research and identify influencers, journalists, elected officials, and experts that align with the interests of the company's target audience.
- Monitor mentions through social listening from high profile social accounts to help assess risk factors for the company.
- Coordinate monthly reporting on social media performance analytics.
- Provide support to Social Media Marketing Manager during service disruptions, emergencies and weather events.
- Work closely with the Communications and Media Relations team for trending topics that may shift content strategy and share relevant information to the social media channels as needed.
- Preferred knowledge of SEO optimization for advertising and social media best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in advertising, communications, marketing, or business is preferred
Required Work Experience
- At least three years of marketing experience required.
- Experience developing marketing plans and leading multichannel marketing campaigns, including static and digital channels preferred.
- Minimum of three years social media management experience preferred.
- Experience with multichannel marketing, including TV, digital, and social channels preferred.
- Experience in social media content development, strategy and channel maintenance.
- Demonstrate independent judgment, critical thinking and initiative, to prioritize and accurately complete multiple tasks, and work under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong data analytics and media measurement skills.
- Media billing and accounts payable experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, and Power BI.
- Knowledge of social media scheduling, listening and analytical third-party social management tools, e.g., Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.