Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multi-billion dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars to drive development of electric vehicle charging infrastructure, intelligently integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, and push forward scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating electrification across the building stock. The Portfolio Planning and Analysis department within the Energy Efficiency & Distributed Resource Planning organization is seeking a creative and analytical strategic leader with strong experience in the clean energy transition. The successful candidate will build a business strategy team to partner with the Electric Vehicle Charging and Distributed Resource Integration organizations as they drive rapid growth and change. This team will support these organizations on a broad and rapidly evolving set of strategic issues, such as light-duty and medium/heavy-duty charging program strategy, novel incentive structures to drive new technology adoption, and opportunities in distributed energy resource market enablement.
- Embed high-performing team within the Electric Vehicle Charging and Distributed Resource Integration businesses to provide strategic support to navigate the challenges and opportunities of the clean energy transition.
- Lead team to identify business opportunities, develop business cases, and facilitate development of go to market solutions. Partner closely with business unit leadership and PP&A Strategic Channel Engagement (regulatory and stakeholder development) team throughout.
- Manage team to identify issues, structure problems, develop detailed fact base and analysis, and drive alignment across organizations and up to senior executive leadership.
- Partner with business units and PP&A Financial Planning & Analysis team on portfolios planning to optimize achievement of financial and strategic goals.
- Engage with Corporate Strategic Planning to integrate business unit strategy into utility-wide strategy.
- Support fast-paced negotiations with wide range of public and private stakeholders.
- Lead team to develop highly-synthesized and structured senior executive presentations.
- Tackle new challenges as they arise in a fast paced, rapidly changing business environment.
- Master's Degree And 6 years of relevant business experience 2+ of which has been focused on the clean energy transition; 2+ of which has been leading strategy development and alignment
- Bachelor's Degree And 8 years of relevant business experience 2+ of which has been focused on the clean energy transition; 2+ of which has been leading strategy development and alignment Or
Required Work Experience
- Strong, demonstrated track record of obtaining executive and organizational alignment on business strategy and implementation. Required
- Demonstrated success partnering with business units to lead change in a matrixed environment.
- Superior skills with and demonstrated leadership in problem / opportunity identification, problem structuring, hypothesis generation, and financial and operational analysis. Required
- Superior written and oral senior executive communication. Required
- Demonstrated success working in a complex, fast changing, business and regulatory environment.
- Superior Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel skills.
- 2+ years experience building and managing high performing teams. Preferred
- 4+ years experience leading strategy development and alignment. Preferred
- 4+ years business experience focused on the clean energy transition.
- Prior experience working with or for electric or gas utilities. Preferred
- Experience in regulated and/or market driven utility programs. Preferred
- Deep knowledge of electric vehicle and EV infrastructure trends, technologies, and business models.
- Deep knowledge of distributed generation and energy storage technologies, business models, and grid integration.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.