Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Supervises Auto Mechanics A and B in the safe operation, maintenance, testing, repair, inspection and road services of motor vehicles and associated power operated equipment.
- Oversees personnel assigned to safe efficient operation of parts/supply room such that materials, supplies and equipment stock and orders meet operational needs.
- Ensures work activities are performed in a safe and efficient manner and that repairs performed conform to manufacturer's specifications.
- Approves expenditures for labor, contractor services, material supplies and equipment within authorized limits.
- Plans, organizes, schedules and assigns personnel to meet operating requirements.
- Oversees the day to day operation of local vehicle fuel station.
- Participates in various automotive committees/task forces and provides feedback relative to quality and productivity improvements, training, requirements, etc.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources by managing over time, reviewing actual vs. budget and manage spending.
- Promote good housekeeping practices in the work place.
- Respond to storms, heat and other emergencies as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And Two (2) years related work experience Or
- Associate's Degree And Four (4) years related work experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years related work experience
Required Work Experience
- Work experience in the directly supervising automotive or equipment repair. Required
- Work experience with fleet vehicles and equipment. Required
- Work experience as a professional mechanic. Required
- Work in the field of fleet vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair. Preferred
- Experience using vehicle management software. Preferred
- Experience using automotive parts inventory management software. Preferred
- Experience leading and building dynamic teams Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Demonstrated customer service skills And
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities And
- Effective interpersonal skills And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must work in, under, and on top of all types of company vehicles/equipment
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be flexible in being relocated to other Transportation garage locations.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.