Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Junior Designers (JD) will design, draw and interpret electric conduit and cable layouts, applying appropriate work codes as per company standards, specifications, and regulations.
- The JD will interpret and analyze company plates, specifications, and field sketches to determine the impact to company facilities.
- JDs recommend alternate methods or accommodations to minimize impacts on company facilities, conduct engineering studies and computerized analysis of electric networks to maintain system reliability.
- Will use computer software such as Logica, Company Mapping System, Microsoft Programs, and other applications necessary to the job, all of which will be taught post hire.
- JDs will map low voltage, conduit, and high voltage changes to the Con Edison system and will also run studies using company software on the systems to determine system reinforcement needed.
- High School Diploma/GED And 2 years Design Work Experience Or
- Associate's Degree In Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering Technology
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.