Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Build relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging advanced analytics to drive business solutions.
- Design, develop, and implement predictive models, analytics and data visualizations to drive and support key business decisions.
- Communicate and present analysis and complex ideas in easily understood terms.
- Develop machine learning and A.I. algorithms to support advanced analytics.
- Identify process improvement initiatives leveraging advanced analytics.
- Participate in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry .standards, trends, and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a quantitative field like Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or Social Science.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, or a quantitative field like Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or Social Science.
Required Work Experience
- More than 3 years of relevant employment experience in an analytical field. Required
- Experience in visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, R Shiny, Power BI). Required
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) Required
- Experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models. Required
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques (GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Trees, text mining, etc.). Required
- Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, especially around analytical concepts and methods. Required
- Experience and proficiency with SQL, Access, Excel, and BI. Required
- Holds a professional certification or experience in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Required
- Familiar with Oracle's Autonomous Data Warehouse and Analytics Cloud Solution. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.