Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Learning & Inclusion is seeking an experienced Data Science Analyst to further develop our advanced data analytics capabilities. This position will be responsible for partnering with customers to identify analytical business solutions, using a variety of data and visualization tools to build and implement predictive models, and presenting complex analysis in clear and understandable terms. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This individual must be comfortable working with teams and customers at all levels up to and including senior leadership. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and developing advanced analytics solutions.
- Build relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging advanced analytics to drive business solutions.
- Design, develop, and implement predictive models, algorithms and data visualizations to drive and support key business decisions.
- Communicate and present analysis and complex ideas in easily understood terms.
- Identify process improvement initiatives leveraging advanced analytics.
- Manage data analytics projects, ensuring that all projects are completed within scope, timeline and budget.
- Participate in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends, and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Business or other related quantitative field.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Business or other related quantitative field.
Required Work Experience
- More than three years of relevant employment experience in an analytical field. Required
- Experience using data visualization tools (e.g. Oracle Analytics Cloud, Power BI, Tableau, R Shiny). Required
- Experience using statistical computer languages (e.g. Python, SPSS, R). Required
- Experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models. Required
- Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, especially around analytical concepts and methods. Required
- Strong organizational skills with high level of accuracy and impeccable attention to detail. Required
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments while working under tight deadlines. Required
- Experience and proficiency with SQL, Access, and Excel. Required
- Holds a professional certification or experience in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Preferred
- Familiar with Oracle Analytics Cloud Solution. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.