Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Lead the strategy and execution of Con Edison's paid and organic social media programs, helping to drive external positioning in the marketplace and education/engagement with customers and constituents
- Serve as primary liaison with key external stakeholders, including the cohort of agencies (digital, media, creative) supporting the development, placement and measurement efforts for social; work to ensure high quality and on-time delivery of all assets
- Serve as primary liaison with key internal stakeholders, including business leaders and contacts that will be leveraging advertising programs; work to ensure commitments and clarity on all deliverables
- Work closely with Customer Operations team to support ongoing social media monitoring for customer needs and communications
- Work closely with media relations team to leverage social media as a platform for sharing news, updates and emergency communications
- Manage Con Edison's social media tech stack, including community management platform, scheduling software and metrics/reporting
- Function as primary social media practice leader, coordinating all necessary meetings, and leading the development and dissemination of relevant communications, project updates, and status reports; oversee the enhancement and continual population of a social media calendar
- Lead the periodic development and presentation of executive summaries that outline key metrics, engagement, highlighting impact and informing social media investment planning
- Actively scan the external environment for technology updates, news, trends, opportunities, and risks - maintain an ongoing understanding of Con Edison's positioning and perception with customers to inform decision making
- Oversee all elements of the social media budget, providing updates with clarity and cadence to marketing leadership
- Bachelor's Degree Minimum of 8 years of work experience, with 6+ years in progressive roles in social media, advertising, marketing, brand strategy and activation, communications, consulting, operations and/or program management.
- Master's Degree Minimum of 6 years of work experience, with at least 6 years in progressive roles in social media, advertising, marketing, brand strategy and activation, communications, consulting, operations and/or program management.
Required Work Experience
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and accountability, resourcefulness, tenacious follow-through, detail-oriented and creative problem-solver Required
- Energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, persuasive and proactive attitude with strong influencing skills Required
- Experience leading teams and managing and developing employees Required
- Experience working with senior partners/leadership, diverse teams, senior clients and their teams across a matrixed organization Required
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-cultural teams; strong appreciation for cultural differences and ability to adapt approaches as required Required
- Proven ability to work and maintain composure in a fast-paced, high-volume, and often deadline driven environment, with a practical and pragmatic approach to delivery Required
- Strong collaboration skills; team-oriented with ability to manage multiple projects at once Required
- Self-starter who can work in a virtual environment Required
- Strong social media skillset - including knowledge of all platforms, community management, campaign measurement and analytics tools Required
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills Required
- Strategic and critical thinking capability - with a view to being able to connect the dots, spot and shape opportunities and think ahead Required
- Strong research and analytical skills - confidence in providing insights and recommendations Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Required
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills - particularly on PowerPoint, Excel and Teams - with the ability to create high quality and impactful deliverables Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.