Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provide leadership in measurement, verification and evaluation of existing and future demand side management programs and technologies.
- Recruit, develop and retain an engaged and diverse team, while fostering an inclusive and high-performance work environment.
- Partner with Company leadership and other stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Participate in industry organizations to keep informed of best practices and trends.
- Collaborate with program and technical teams on the implementation of Measurement, Evaluation and Verification Plans to enhance program design, delivery, technologies and optimization of performance goals.
- Oversee the procurement and management of contractors and other required resources.
- Represent the interests of the Company and the department to stakeholders, regulators, and other entities.
- Oversee the administration of budgets.
- Provide subject matter expertise to regulatory filings.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Architecture, Engineering, or related technical disciplines And 8 years Relevant work experience
- Master's Degree Engineering or Architecture
Required Work Experience
- Experience managing teams, projects, processes, and contractors. Required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including technical writing and oral presentations. Required
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results through collaboration. Required
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills. Required
- Demonstrated familiarity with primary energy consuming building systems, with particular emphasis on Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC+R). Required
- Knowledge of demand side management strategies. Required
- Experience managing inter-disciplinary teams. Required
- Experience in vendor oversight, including contract procurement, monitoring and performance assessment. Required
- Planning and managing budgets. Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Required
- Experience with building simulation and code compliance software. Preferred
- Experience with Oracle products. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Professional Licensure in Engineering or Architecture Preferred And
- Other: Certifications which may include CEM, LEED AP, BEMP Preferred
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able and willing to travel within O&R and CECONY service territory, as needed.
- Must be available 24/7, and available to be on call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.