Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Commit to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commit to the Way We Work Principles, and adhere to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- Oversee all aspects of the Delivery Channel Management functions including energy efficiency and demand management programs, and operations support and other parts of the delivery processes.
- Lead the negotiation and strategy for RFP for all program implementation procurement.
- Ensure continuous operational and process improvements.
- Provide thought leadership and direct the outcomes of the teams.
- Work collaboratively with other department sections to enhance program design and optimize portfolio performance to achieve goals.
- Recruit, develop and retain an engaged and diverse team, while fostering an inclusive and high-performance work environment.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders such as various Engineering departments, Law, Customer Operations, Corporate Affairs, and Supply Chain.
- Build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders such as New York Public Service Commission Regulators and Staff, New York Independent System Operator, New York State Energy Research and Development and industry leaders.
- Keep abreast of industry trends.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Economics, Business or related fields preferred And 8 years Relevant work experience
- Master's Degree MBA And 6 years Relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
- Experience managing individuals and teams Required
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to build consensus Required
- Strong writing and oral communications skills Required
- Proven range of presentation skills to various audiences, including customers, teams, executives and industry stakeholders Required
- Strong analytical skills Required
- Knowledge of CRM systems Required
- Familiar with New York State's Reforming the Energy Vision and Con Edison's rate case in the areas of Distribution System Implementation Plans, NWAs, Stand-by rates, and others relevant to energy efficiency and distributed energy resources Required
- General understanding of Con Edison's short and long-term planning processes for its distribution system, both at the area station level as well as for primary and secondary systems Required
- General understanding of Con Edison's forecasting process used for planning and operations and the impacts of energy efficiency and distributed energy resources on such forecasts Required
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture and attention to detail Required
- Experience in vendor oversight, including contract development, monitoring and assessing performance Required
- Experience in planning and managing budgets Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Required
- Experience with project management tools Required
- Experience in customer engagement to drive desired participation Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Required
- Experience in regulated and/or market driven utility programs Preferred
- Technical knowledge of Con Edison's distribution system as well as the planning and forecasting processes Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.