Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health, and environmental programs for employees. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- At Con Edison we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the Company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Conducts or leads multiple audits with no supervision and may supervise large audits; plans audits and reviews workpapers. Schedules and leads audit kick-off, mid-audit status, and closing meetings with minimal supervision. Ensures that work papers are complete and that supporting documentation is cross-referenced to the record of work done requiring minimal edits; electronic workpapers are timely updated as the audit progresses.
- Has developed skills for proficiency in multiple functional areas within Auditing and may lead integrated audits with minimal supervision.
- Aligns risks, audit objectives, and resources to achieve desired audit results.
- Demonstrates consistent results in all aspects of control evaluation from the adequacy of control design to the assessment of control effectiveness. Can challenge key controls and testing strategies.
- Makes recommendations on the use of sampling techniques employed and has a strong understanding of sampling limitations.
- Develops computerized audit routines to facilitate more effective and efficient audits. Understands the auditee's system(s) to facilitate more effective audits.
- Prepares clear, concise, and accurate audit reports that require minimal editing for finalization. Participates in the review of draft reports prepared by other auditors.
- Ensures that workpapers adequately support the observations, conclusions, and recommendations and are consistently maintained in accordance with IIA standards.
- Performs follow-up audits to determine that management has timely implemented all recommendations. Assists the Section Manager with the follow-up audit process.
- Identifies and recommends cost-saving opportunities during audits.
- Completes training to ensure the ability to participate in assigned audits and complies with all Company training requirements when conducting field audits, reviews, or inspections. Seeks additional training and learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the Company and the utility industry.
- Proposes continuous improvements and demonstrates a drive for excellence. Volunteers for projects. Actively participates in organizational teams and additional assignments. Supports and promotes Company initiatives.
- Contributes to team results, works well with others, and encourages other team members. Identifies team strengths and weaknesses and proactively uses their skills to optimize team results.
- Accurately conducts analytical reviews and interprets review results. Challenges and uses analytical reviews in more complex situations.
- Adopts negotiating and influencing techniques to suit the environment. Identifies the auditee's concerns and takes action to resolve them, leading to greater acceptance of proposals for change.
- Performs high quality audits timely, efficiently, and in accordance with project milestones in support of Auditing's vision and KPIs.
- Demonstrates and promotes professionalism in all activities. Adheres to both the content and spirit of the IIA standards, the Company's Standards of Business Conduct, and other applicable standards.
- Delegates work as appropriate, monitors team output, and functions either in a support or oversight role. Adjusts management style for team optimization and high results. Leads audit and non-audit related teams. Mentors new team members. Supports and assists the Section Manager on day-to-day activities. Successfully assumes the Delegation of acting Section Manager as needed.
- Performs other related assignments as required. Represents the Auditing Department on Company project teams.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred: Accounting, Engineering, Finance, a science, or Business Administration degrees. and a minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Required Work Experience
- Recognizes and understands the impact of diverse work styles and behaviors; adjusts management style for team optimization and high results. Required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and applies them in practice. Tailors communication skills to suit the environment to achieve organizational objectives. May present information to senior management and internal or external groups as the Auditing representative. Required
- Presents information and successfully conveys a point of view in a professional manner. Resolves difficult situations in a timely manner. Required
- Is highly motivated and coordinates a variety of tasks to a high standard and effectively optimizes team performance. Required
- Demonstrates excellent listening skills and is open to new ideas. Actively promotes Auditing's mission and goals through participation in Company events and activities to build internal and external relationships. Positively influences the audit process through established relationships. Required
- May possess one or more of the following professional certifications: CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CPEA, BEAC, ASP, CSP, or an equivalent certification. Preferred
- Works independently to evaluate operations, controls or systems for effectiveness; develops and follows audit procedures. May train others in audit-related functions; leads and supervises staff on projects. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within the Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.