Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and providing a +1 Customer Experience.
- Ensure that Human Performance Improvement (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily work activities.
- Review information on all major company incidents and make accurate and timely notifications to applicable regulatory/public agencies and company personnel. Regulatory/public agencies include the Department of Public Service, NERC, DOE, and NYC Emergency Management and company personnel include all levels of management, including company executives. The Specialist must remain aware of incidents throughout the service territory and ensure proper judgement in analyzing impacts to the system, the public, media involvement, or other company assets that may require further updates to outside agencies and company personnel. The Specialist must be capable of not only analyzing the data and facts presented, but also able to seek out additional details that may need further explanation.
- Test, maintain, and utilize ARCOS and Central Information Dashboard communication systems used to make notifications.
- Compile and maintain the 24 hour and Daily reports published by System Operation. This requires being aware of and tracking system events, status of generating units, weather forecasts, and system load information.
- Control and test radio and communications equipment utilized by the group, including the Channel 6 radio. Maintain appropriate logs.
- Create and maintain logs of activity on the desk including company incidents, daily equipment tests, weather reports, etc.
- Update and revise procedures.
- Speak with regulators and company personnel to provide incident information and updates.
- Be prepared to staff the desk during corporate and other emergencies.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Communications, Management, Business or related field And with 3 years of relevant experience in fast pace environment
- Associate's Degree And with 4 years of relevant experience in fast pace environment
- High School Diploma/GED And with 5 years of relevant experience in fast pace environment
Required Work Experience
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's (FERC) Standards of Conduct compliance procedures and must have completed their FERC training. Required
- Must possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills Required
- Must possess general computer skills and be proficient in the use Microsoft office Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Position requires periods of manning a fixed post and sitting for long periods of time
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.