Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Act as the Company's Customer Project Manager by directing and monitoring the progress of Company and Customer work within the Distributed Generation process as well as support and lead Electric Vehicle projects.
- Serve as overall project coordinators and principal customer liaisons in cases involving new or additional service to support distributed generation or electric vehicle requests.
- Negotiate and arrange service dates with customers
- Monitor and control project costs and take corrective action to minimize deviations
- Provide status reports on budget and schedule as needed an elevate concerns to the proper level of authority.
- Determine, in consultation with the customer and their consultants, the available rate options, applicable service provisions, riders and general rules surrounding the customers request.
- Responsible for establishing appropriate proper billing rates and authorize the preparation of appropriate billing and/or adjustments in accordance with Company policy.
- Perform field inspections, confirm receipt of required certificates and authorize meter installations for both gas and electric services as well as successful interconnection of distributed generation technologies
- Required to negotiate with contractors, governmental authorities and customers as required.
- Coordinate with Distribution Engineering, Regional Engineering and other internal groups to ensure projects stay on schedule.
- Interface with the REV Team to stay abreast of all regulatory/policy changes.
- Review customer's proposed interconnection scheme to ensure feasibility as well as compare installation to relevant company specifications
- Review engineered layouts to ensure construction feasibility and work with internal/external groups to execute construction
- Will execute, inspect and accept the work according to the design in timely fashion.
- Understand different Distributed Generation (DG) technologies
- Process all DG projects in accordance with the NYS SIR timelines
- Will review plates, wiring diagrams, vault drawings and other Company information and identify any challenges to a customer proposing distributed generation technologies
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Perform other tasks and assignment as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And 5-7 years Relevant work experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering preferred And 3-5 Years Relevant work experience
- Master's Degree Engineering preferred And 1-2 Years Relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
- 3-5 years Experience with Electric or Gas installations, and service related construction, or related customer service fields. Req And
- 3-5 years Project Management Experience Req And
- 3-5 years Can interpret construction prints, plans, plates, diagrams Req And
- 3-5 years Customer focused and can gauge audience Req And
- 3-5 years Host and facilitate customer and interdepartmental meetings Req And
- 3-5 years Familiar with developing, setting and tracking internal and external milestones and project risks Req And
- 3-5 years Familiar with accounts, tariffs and rates Req And
- 2 years Work in the field and active construction sites, climbing multiple flights of stairs Pref And
- 3-5 years Supervisory experience prefered Pref
- 3-5 years Candidates need to have computer knowledge inclusive of CIS, CPMS and MS office programs. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Professional Project Manager training or certified Preferred
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to work Overtime, nights, weekends, storm duty
- Must be able to travel within service territory as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.