Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Track and monitor the progress of Company and customer work for all oil to gas conversions.
- Serve as the project coordinator amongst the various company departments; analyze and evaluate new and additional gas load requests, and ensure that information provided by a customer is complete.
- Prepare customer service layouts and advise the customer as to how the Company will install/modify a building's gas facility and authorize changes as appropriate.
- Provide the customer with all rate options applicable and the costs and service requirements for each rate; understands the gas process flow in order to provide customer with appropriate feedback as necessary throughout their projects.
- Build relationships with internal and external organizations and maintain such relationships to ensure conversion projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare and maintain correspondence with the customer; serve as the liaison between the customer and the Company.
- Coordinates with Gas Conversion Operations to ensure field visits are completed.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Provide project management support for meter relocations and customer programs such as service line inspections.
- Maintain and prepare reports to track the entire portfolio of gas conversions managed by Strategic Support.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years related experience Or
- Associate's Degree And 4 years related experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years related experience
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or Business
Required Work Experience
- Experience managing customer projects, support operations, Energy Services, Gas Operations or related field. Required
- Experience with CPMS or other case management system(s). Required
- An understanding of Con Edison's customer information portals (i.e. CIS) is a plus. Preferred
- Knowledge of the Gas system is a plus. Preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Query and advanced knowledge of MS Excel is a plus. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Effective interpersonal skills And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations within the Con Edison service territory.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.