Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Committed to the Way We Work Principles, and adhere to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- Is dedicated to enhancing the Customer Experience, both within the Company and externally and demonstrates a commitment to the ideal of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Interprets the collective bargaining contract and advices customers on how to follow the contractual terms and utilize management rights.
- Partner with managers and union representatives to resolve labor disputes on a daily basis. Drafts necessary communications. Corresponds with the union on a regular basis regarding cases and labor issues and responds to union requests for information, researches and investigates assigned labor relations problems relating to non-exempt personnel to ensure that proper action is taken.
- Work with the departments and advocate on behalf of the company in grievance hearings and arbitrations when necessary. Responsible for researching related bargaining and grievance history.
- Participate in collective bargaining negotiations, including preparation for, logistics and works with the departments to assure the implementation of any new contractual terms or agreements.
- Maintains a consistent labor strategy across all departments. Maintains case files and bargaining history.
- Develops necessary reports and presentations, and prepares detailed spreadsheets as required and/or directed, including assisting with the departmental budget. When needed, maintain applications to enhance processes and facilitate recordkeeping within the department.
- Calculates and maintains statistics, records and information, including but not limited to lost time, grievances and discipline.
- Designs and conducts Labor Relations training for all levels of management and supervisory personnel. Maintains broad knowledge of corporate labor relations policies and training methodologies.
- Represents the Company at external forums and participates on committees as required.
- Assists in drafting corporate policies affecting Labor Relations.
- Interacts frequently with other corporate level organizations, including but not limited to EEO, Human Resources, and Law Departments. Assists Human Resources with seniority rankings when internal union positions are posted.
- Must travel within the Con Edison and O&R service territory as necessary.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of 4 years experience in labor relations or industrial relations Or
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in labor relations or industrial relations or equivalent.
- Juris Doctorate Law Degree preferred
Required Work Experience
- Must have hands-on, extensive experience in both PC and mainframe computer systems as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel for data analytics and labor costing. Required
- Must possess integrity, strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills. Required
- Must have excellent analytical, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills. Required
- Must demonstrate a high energy level, flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple assignments while meeting deadlines. Required
- Strong decision-making, organizational, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills are required. Required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail are essential. Required
- Must be articulate, have a professional demeanor and have the capacity to deal effectively with all levels of management, Union personnel, Regulatory Agencies, and customers. Required
- Must be available 24/7, and available to be on call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required. Required
- Must have experience working in a labor/union environment. Required
- Prior experience interfacing with Company officers and upper management, and handling sensitive confidential information, is preferred. Pref
- Please post outside for longer than 7 days
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.