Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Senior System Analyst provides application support for Con Edison's AMI systems such as the AMI Head End System (HES), Meter Data Management System (MDMS), Meter Asset Management System (MAMS), and supporting applications or modules.
- Maintains the technologies used to support the Company's AMI systems.
- Work with users to prepare requirement analysis for implementation of new systems or enhancement of existing systems.
- Develops and maintains functional scope and technical design documentation for assigned applications.
- Work with vendors to configure and install products. Support and maintain vendor packages in production, performing and testing application changes as necessary.
- Configure supported applications to meet business requirements.
- Makes recommendations for improving application configuration or performance.
- Prepares changes for production implementation and develop contingency plans.
- Follows up on recommendations by developing tangible implementation proposals and detailed plans.
- May be required to coordinate development activities of contractors or junior staff.
- Designs and performs unit and performance tests for supported applications.
- Write test plans and coordinate integration testing and user acceptance testing for supported applications.
- Provide 24x7 ''on call'' support.
- Participate in disaster recovery drills.
- Clearly articulate technical issues or concepts to functional and business users.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of three (3) years work experience in IT Field
- Master's Degree And work experience in IT Field
Required Work Experience
- Experience writing formal documentation and requirements. Some experience preparing and conducting presentations. Required
- Works well independently and as part of a team. Required
- Ability to complete multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines. Preferred
- Able to perform some supervisory functions in support of or in the absence of the team leader. Preferred
- Understanding of application design and Software Development Life cycle principles. Preferred
- Experience implementing technology to support business processes or adapting business process to take advantage of technology. Preferred
- Experience working with users to define, specify, and implement complex reports. Preferred
- Able to understand complex data models and design database queries. Preferred
- Ability to transfer knowledge to peers and train subordinates. Preferred
- Experience supporting off-the-shelf, enterprise level applications. Preferred
- Experience supporting production systems on a 24x7 basis. Preferred
- Experience performing or supporting business activities impacted by AMI technologies, such as billing or outage management. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Effective interpersonal skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.