Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for contributing to, guiding, and implementing Cybersecurity governance and information protection. The Technical Associate will design, install, monitor IT computing infrastructure, provide timely response and troubleshoot alerts generated by various security tools. They will help in protecting the company from all cyber threats and risks.
- Assist in preparing standards based, detailed bid specifications for the installation of computing and communications related network equipment to support Con Edison's information network infrastructure. Assist the technical evaluations of contractor proposals, software or hardware.
- Assist in preparing standards based documents for the installation of computing or communications components to support Con Edison's information and communications network infrastructure.
- Assist to deploy various cybersecurity tools. Once deployed, become the technical lead in supporting the tools.
- Provide guidance and consulting on cybersecurity technology and solutions.
- Support the cyber action team as they perform forensics analysis of systems or malware.
- Assist as project member for small-scale vendor installation of computing and communication networks.
- Assist with monitoring of cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities and provide support as necessary to incident response team.
- Must be available 24/7, on call, and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And One (1) year of related experience (includes co-op or internships); OR six (6) months of participation in the company's full-time college cooperative or summer cooperative internships. Or
- Master's Degree And One (1) year of related experience (includes co-op or internships); OR six (6) months of participation in the company's full-time college cooperative or summer cooperative internships.
- Master's Degree in Information Security, or Cyber Security, or Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or an other related technical field
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, or Cyber Security, or Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or an other related technical field
Required Work Experience
- Previous information technology or information security experience is required. Required
- Project management ability, being able to manage and successfully deliver multiple work streams, requirements, and coordinate with varying Teams. Required
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines simultaneously. Required
- Previous Computer Incident Response Team(CIRT)/Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC), incident management experience is preferred. Preferred
- Scripting experience preferred. Preferred
- Knowledge of security tools is preferred. Preferred
- Good understanding of industry standard policy, processes and procedures covering incident, problem and change management is preferred. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactively approaches responsibilities
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- The candidate must be willing to work overtime and be flexible with work hours, be on call, and respond to emergencies.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.