Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Compliance with all Company safety, health and environmental programs to ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Adhere to the Diversity and Inclusion initiatives that promote behavior consistent with the Company's and Corporate values relating to the treatment of peers, subordinates, superiors, customers, and the public.
- Work with other Emergency Preparedness sections to support a comprehensive, progressive, risk-driven, integrated, collaborative, coordinated, flexible and professional emergency preparedness program.
- Work with the various Con Edison and/or Orange & Rockland operating organizations (Electric, Gas, Steam, Substations, or S&TO, etc.) and various support groups, as needed, to enhance their emergency preparedness processes through planning and coordination of company resources during emergencies and subsequent response and recovery efforts.
- Promote and support the Company's commitment to the use of emergency preparedness principles such as the Incident Command System (ICS), as well as compliance with all company procedures, policies, and plans (including, but not limited to Corporate Instruction (CI) 260-4, Emergency Response Plans, etc.) during emergencies and exercises.
- Conduct data analysis including but not limited to weather risk assessments, modeling/forecasting, system susceptibilities with the various operating organizations, resource mobilizations, and communicate the results of these assessments to help drive continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Support and/or serve as the Liaison Officer during regional or corporate emergency response events.
- Support Corporate Emergency Response Center (CERC) activations and exercises, as required.
- Assist the Project Manager and/or Directors with the planning, coordination, execution and reporting of significant activities on special projects and programs that are sponsored by or supported by Emergency Preparedness to help ensure successful completion
- Support the administration and management of various technology platforms that Emergency Preparedness is the business owner for, including ARCOS, LiveSafe, etc.
- Work with Information Technology to help ensure all applications function as intended, or determine use cases for system enhancements and modifications, as required.
- Provide advice and counsel, as well as develop and help facilitate training to both internal customers as well as external parties (as applicable) on utilizing the various technology solutions.
- Work with internal customers to ensure the technology applications continue to meet their needs.
- Coordinate and/or support benchmarking with other emergency preparedness organizations to determine and evaluate the latest technology and systems that may assist to optimize performance and improve preparedness activity. Document best practices and integrate into various processes or plans, as required.
- Support the Exercise, Training, and Liaison group to participate in, design, and/or facilitate exercises as well as the After-Action Process, as required, to promote operational excellence.
- Utilize various systems to enter, maintain, and/or track actionable items in accordance with appropriate guidelines, as necessary.
- Support the updating and development of the Company's Emergency Response Plans, Business Continuity Plans, procedures, guidelines, checklists, and other emergency preparedness documents, as required.
- Assist with the timely coordination of accurate responses to external and regulatory requests for information.
- Assist with the acquisition of mutual assistance and contractor resources in response to identified needs and coordinate the billing and/or perform related administrative work.
- Support the maintenance of the Emergency Preparedness internal Conor site and any communication efforts.
- Compliance with Corporate and departmental training requirements.
- Perform other related assignments, in addition to participating in cross-functional teams, as appropriate and at the direction of Emergency Preparedness managers and leadership.
- High School Diploma/GED with 5 years of experience Or
- Associate's Degree with 4 years of experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years of experience
Required Work Experience
- Must have a minimum of four years of relevant engineering OR weather forecasting/modeling experience. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required; with an emphasis on pivot tables, regression analysis, and charts. Proficient programming skills in SQL, R, or Python is preferred. Less experience will be accepted with a Bachelor's or Associate's Degree.
- Experience in emergency preparedness/management; or project management is preferred.
- Familiarity with various software applications, work management systems, or other existing Emergency Preparedness applications.
- Experience with software application configuration, testing, or administration is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Incident Command System (ICS) principles preferred.
- Basic understanding of the operation of energy commodity systems (e.g., electric overhead and/or underground distribution systems, steam, gas, substations and transmission operations) is preferred.
- Exercise independent judgment and render sound business and policy decisions.
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and flexible and be able to handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, and achieve critical deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required in order to effectively interact with regulatory agencies, regional operations organizations and all levels of management both within and external to the Company.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills with the ability to identify innovative solutions to business issues is required.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of data analytics tools (Pivot Tables, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI etc.) is preferred.
- Training in ICS Basic, IS-700, Advanced ICS (ICS-200) and ICS-300 must be satisfactorily completed within 1 year of hire.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency preparedness processes and storm response efforts, as required.
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather and will be required to participate in off-hour emergency response activities, including weekends and holidays.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.