Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role, subject to reasonable accommodation for religious or disability-related reasons.
- Technicians are responsible for troubleshooting and performing all preventative, corrective, and predictive maintenance on all instrumentation, control systems, equipment protection and emission monitoring. Technicians perform routine maintenance activities which include instrumentation calibrations, inspections and blowdowns, equipment determ and terminations, relay and valve calibrations, alarm checks and trip tests, control system failover test, hardware checks, antivirus patches, and integrity checks, and equipment testing including meggers, hi pots and primary injection. Technicians support various plant evolutions and emergent troubleshooting, so occasional off-shift support is needed.
- Associate's Degree Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 4 years equivalent work experience
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.