Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Be committed to fostering a Zero Harm culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing Customers Experience.
- Be committed to taking special interest in our internal and external customers, developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for our stakeholders.
- Seek and accept responsibility to evaluate current practices and implement changes for improvement.
- Work in leadership role with other Department teammates and act as Systems Manager when assigned and accept various assignments as needed.
- Promote best practices and use of cybersecurity tools and follow procedures and guidelines to ensure complete compliance with the regulatory requirements, including NERC CIP and FERC Standards of Conduct requirements.
- Enforce the Department's change management process related to changes in accordance with regulatory and departmental procedures, guidelines and processes to ensure their compliance to applicable standards. Ensure the timing of the changes does not jeopardize the availability and reliability of the systems.
- Perform the role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) in regards to the daily support and maintenance of databases, displays, software application development, training, ancillary systems such as data historian systems.
- Immediately address urgent problems troubleshooting, problem solving and being on a ''on call'' roster to provide needed support during off hours.
- Take a lead role in the support and timely update the state estimator, contingency analysis, power flow and the correct modeling of applicable electric system changes within and outside the Con Edison area.
- Take a lead role in the design, development and implementation of system enhancements and patches. Help coordinate the activities of software vendors working on any of the related systems.
- Collaborate and work closely with customers to identify areas to enhance the customer experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple assignments while working with various parties.
- Participate in developing the vision for the system direction and manage the development of and migrating to new computer systems.
- Foster and direct the identification, justification, development and implementation of new ideas, equipment, systems, etc., that improve electric/steam systems control, improve economics and security, increase productivity or enhance personnel training. Determine the requirements for computer hardware and software and other equipment in a way that's conducive to the departmental objectives.
- Ensure accuracy of data provided by the department to other entities, internal and external to the company, such as system load, zonal load, power factors, etc.
- Coordinate with other company teams in efforts to report and fix telemetry problems.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field And at least 4 years relevant experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field And at least 6 years relevant experience.
Required Work Experience
- Experience in the application and implementation of computer based control and monitoring systems. Required
- In-depth knowledge of scientific programming and systems management. Required
- Experience using/working with SCADA systems. Required
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Required
- Demonstrated leadership abilities. Required
- Strong computer proficiency including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Required
- Knowledge of power system engineering and principles of system operation is preferred. Preferred
- Understanding of energy utility industry is preferred. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.