Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for the support and timely update of the state estimator, contingency analysis, power flow and the correct modeling of applicable electric system changes.
- Ensure the daily support and maintenance of databases, displays, software application development, training, ancillary systems such as data historian systems.
- Provide operations support, troubleshooting, integration testing and user training.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing the Customers Experience.
- Provide exceptional customer service to support the needs of our users
- Immediately address urgent problems troubleshooting, problem solving and being on a ''on call'' roster to provide needed support during off hours.
- Coordinate with other company teams in efforts to report and fix telemetry problems.
- Must ensure that Human Performance Improvement (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily work activities.
- Seek and accept responsibility to evaluate current practices and implement changes for improvement.
- Enforce the Department's change management process related to changes in accordance with regulatory and departmental procedures, guidelines and processes to ensure their compliance to applicable standards. Ensure the timing of the changes does not jeopardize the availability and reliability of the systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple assignments while working with various parties.
- Collaborate and work closely with customers to identify areas to enhance the customer experience.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field And four years of relevant experience
Required Work Experience
- Power system modeling, state estimator, contingency analysis and power flow analysis supporting real-time operations Required
- Working knowledge of computer programming, relational databases, operator display support, and scripting in Windows and UNIX. Required
- Must be self-motivated and be able to learn new technology efficiently and effectively, and accept challenging assignments Required
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines. Required
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills both in person and on the phone, required for customer interaction, integration testing with external systems and problem resolution. Required
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite Required
- Experience with PSS/E suite, CIM, real-time support of critical systems Preferred
- Experience working in a regulated cybersecurity environment Preferred
- Experience in software design and project management. Pref
- Experience using/working with SCADA systems.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.