Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Results Supervisor will supervise and direct the activities of the Chemical Group & Performance Group to provide efficient and economic generation of steam while adhering to regulatory guidelines. Monitor the Station Performance Monitoring and Asset Management Systems to ensure equipment monitoring is performed as required. Interface with station Operations, Maintenance and System Engineering Group to discuss results of Asset monitoring and make recommendations. Supervise the testing of boilers, gas turbines and auxiliary equipment. Analyze test results and issue recommendations for corrective action. Schedule routine samples of steam and discharge water for regulatory compliance. Monitor chemical levels and order accordingly. Monitor monthly station performance trends and make recommendations to ensure efficient operation. Supervise the testing of new equipment in order to determine if manufacturer specifications are satisfied. Support testing and prepare reports in accordance with company and regulatory requirements. (1H/2L)
- Accountable for the safety, productivity and quality of the work performed by the production technician or for all types of maintenance and testing of the section she/he oversees. (1H/2L)
- Supervises union personnel and enforces all contractual and local work rules, assigning personnel to jobs in accordance with the Station weekly work schedule and performing administrative tasks in work management system (Maximo) daily. (1H/2L)
- Plans, schedules, coordinates, and evaluates compliance testing for equipment, recommends and reviews procedures for system reliability, and commissions new equipment through review of tests. (1H/2L)
- Plans, schedules and coordinates chemical sampling. Prepare sample results for company and regulatory reporting. (1H/2L)
- Monitor chemical utilization and associated consumable levels/quantities. (1H/2L)
- Attends daily management meetings to report job progress, is fully knowledgeable of work scopes and will submit requests to perform work in a clear and concise manner. (1H/2L)
- Ensures compliance with environmental regulations, program procedures applicable to Steam Operations Generating Stations, and financial reporting requirements. (1H/2L)
- Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills to track and manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced setting. (1H/2L)
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an Effective Cost Management Culture, Enhancing the Customers Experience, adheres to the Company's Standards of Business conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety ("EH&S"). (1H/2L)
- Accountable for conducting On the Job training (OJT), effective job briefings and documented job site safety exchanges. (1H/2L)
- Adheres to Company rules and terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Establishes appropriate disciplinary action, conducts interviews, participates in settlement of grievances, and evaluates subordinates work performance. (1H/2L)
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required. (1H/2L)
- Demonstrate proficiency in both the Chemistry and Performance aspects of the Results Supervisor role. (2L)
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years experience equivalent work experience in power plant environment, electrical and mechanical equipment (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree And 2 years experience equivalent work experience in power plant environment, electrical and mechanical equipment (1H) Or
- Associate's Degree And 4 years experience equivalent work experience in power plant environment, electrical and mechanical equipment (1H/2L) Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years experience equivalent work experience in power plant environment, electrical and mechanical equipment (1H/2L)
Required Work Experience
- Knowledge of material procurement, outage coordination, technical report writing, scheduling, technical drawing interpretation, purchasing, power plant maintenance Required
- Strong communication and leadership skills. Required
- Ability to work as part of a team. Required
- Knowledge of PC/mainframe systems. Required
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience (2L) Required
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear a full- or half-face respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be physically able to work in a power plant environment with extreme heat conditions, noise, high elevations, and confined spaces.
- Must be able to work under conditions of high temperatures and at high elevations in the plant.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.