Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The core responsibility of this position is the operation, maintenance and repair of all types of telecommunications infrastructures, systems and applications, including wireless, wire line and fiber optic equipment and plant. It also requires the use of specialized electronic test equipment and analytic tools, including OTDR with optical lasers.
- Associate's Degree And two (2) years Or
- High School Diploma/GED And four (4) years
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Technology, Mechanics, or relevant field
- Associate's Degree Electrical Technology, Mechanics, or relevant field
Required Work Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of computers, communication circuits, power systems, digital/analog circuit repair, telephony, mobile radio, microwave radio, and fiber optic communication systems. Required
- Technical work experience with bench repair of two-way mobile radio equipment, relocation of telephone equipment and fault isolation and splicing of fiber optic cable and ConEd work experience. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Possesses strong technical aptitude And
- Technical\Quickly troublseshoots and resolves problems And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision And
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills And
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings. And
- Demonstrated problem solving skills And
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must unload materials from delivery vehicles and deliver equipment and materials to various operating facilities
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.