Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Is dedicated to enhancing the Customer Experience, both within the Company and externally and demonstrates a commitment to the ideal of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Provides a positive employee relations atmosphere through the proper and effective administration of the Company's policies, procedures and practices including but not limited to, grievances, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, training, motivation, counseling, performance appraisal, discipline, security, substance abuse, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Safety and Environmental policies.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory matters related to tariffs and construction, and participates in activities related to modifications or implementation of regulatory issues.
- Recommends and establishes enhancements to, and manages maintenance of, company procedures, tariffs, construction specifications and other policies.
- Ensures compliance with Company gas and electric procedures, policies, specifications and all applicable regulatory codes. Monitors adherence to government and regulatory requirements and provides liaison with their representatives. Actively participates and contributes to rate case proceedings and provides interrogatory responses, data support, records and direct testimony as required.
- Acts as New Business liaison with Auditing and Quality Assurance (QA) Staff before, during and after department audits. Provides recommendations and corrective actions to New Business audits and performs follow-up reviews to verify adherence.
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with various external regulatory and municipal agencies including code enforcement and commission staff; as well as interfacing internal organizations.
- Establishes meaningful goals and objectives. Actively seeks methods to increase customer satisfaction and improve the Company's public image.
- Supports and collaborates with other department Section Managers in planning, directing, and controlling all Commercial, Industrial, and Residential constructions and related programs.
- Lead efforts with Electric and Gas Operations, Engineering and Planning, Energy Services and interfacing departments to develop business innovations and foster cross pollination of projects and efforts in the various areas. These efforts will be designed to improve our customer and stakeholder experience.
- Provides direction on the evaluation of regulatory commission statements, recommendations, and rulings. Particularly as they relate to Distributed Generation, the NY Gas Proceeding, NY REV Proceeding, Cyber Security, Audits, CEO Certification and state/county building and Road Opening Permit requirements.
- Responsible for the development of department model for predictive analytics and data modeling for monitoring and evaluation of construction trends.
- Leads Long-Range Plan efforts as required, supports yearly forecast analysis with department Analyst, Engineers and CECONY Energy Management team and oversees budgets/preparation and other corporate vision and strategy efforts.
- Leads staff with the development of reports and presentation to company employees, including executives and all levels of management, as well as regulatory parties and external stakeholders.
- Leads regulatory submissions and reports for New Business Services include interrogatory responses in rate case proceedings.
- Provides oversight to ensure compliance with all CEO Certification requirements.
- Promotes the development of others and provides for employee training and mentoring. Provides opportunities that support diversity and inclusion in the workforce.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management process and storm plans on a Branch Director level.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 8-10 years Related work experience as noted below. Or
- Master's Degree And 6-8 years Related work experience as noted below.
Required Work Experience
- Related business experience in construction, construction management, New Business, Energy Services or an operations support role, required. Required
- Strong leadership skills and prior supervisory experience or leading large projects/teams. Required
- Must demonstrate the ability to be well organized, flexible, detailed oriented and should be able to handle multiple responsibilities and deadlines simultaneously. Required
- Prior experience in presenting programs or reports to internal/external stakeholders (i.e., NYPSC) is required. Required
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Oracle Business Suite, PEGA, NUCON, CIMS is preferred. Required
- Related work experience and a proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem solving environment is required. Required
- Must demonstrate creativity and excellent interpersonal skill necessary to interface effectively with other departments, field staff, support staff, customers, and various levels of management and regulators. Required
- Must possess and maintain high ethical standards. Required
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills and leadership abilities. Required
- Experience working with contractor, vendors and municipalities is required. Required
- Knowledge of Gas and Electric Distribution and Transmission is preferred. Preferred
- Public speaking experience in forums such regulatory sessions, customer forums, and town hall meetings is preferred. Preferred
- Must be highly motivated, goal-oriented, extremely customer focused and demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence. Preferred
- Working knowledge of the electric and gas distribution systems. Preferred
- Working knowledge of regulatory processes such as preparation of rate case proceedings, responding to commission orders and responses to interrogatories. Preferred
- Applicants with demonstrated financial experience will be given preference. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- May be required to make field inspection as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.