Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The primary function of the Senior Analyst in Steam Long Range Planning is to conduct comprehensive studies and analyses associated with the environmental performance of the steam system and in support of Steam Operations' clean energy goals. The person performing this role will focus on the Company's Integrated Long Range Plan and Steam Long Range Plan, Environmental policies and trends that have the potential to impact steam production assets/steam customers/NYC, environmental analyses pertaining to the steam system, sustainability plan for the steam system, support for Rate Case filings, various studies analyzing energy topics both internal and external to the Company, stakeholder outreach regarding the system's future plans and environmental achievements, and support for the Company's annual sustainability report. This position is ideal for candidates with environmental experience that are seeking experience in an operating organization or to diversify their skillset.
- Manage and update sustainability plan for the steam system, including key milestones and potential future solutions/emerging technologies.
- Initiate, prepare, and communicate technical, financial and environmental analyses for potential improvements to the current and future operations of the Steam System.
- Prepare environmental reporting (annual carbon footprint, emission trends) and provide requested environmental data related to the steam system (Company's Sustainability Report, NYC Greenhouse Gas Inventory Report, PSC submission).
- Collaborate with various internal departments including but not limited to Strategic Planning, Utility of the Future, and EH&S to ensure alignment of steam's vision with the corporate vision.
- Prepare supporting materials and testimony for regulatory proceedings.
- Periodically update the Steam Long Range and integrated Long Range Plans sections concerning steam items.
- Attend NSR meetings to gain knowledge of how environmental regulations impact steam operations.
- Prepare materials for the Vice President and senior management.
- Provide emergency response duty during a steam or corporate emergency. This may requires being available for CERC, a field post, or a steam generating station outside of the normal work schedule.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, sustainability, environmental science, energy, climate change science, or other equivalent field of study And 3 years relevant work experience
- Master's Degree in engineering, sustainability, environmental science, energy, climate change science, or other equivalent field of study And 2 years relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
- Knowledge of basic financial concepts and energy markets/management Required
- Must have the ability to cross reference reports for discrepancies and resolve Required
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work in a professional manner with various company departments and outside agencies Required
- Proficient in computer applications MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Required
- Ability to work in cross functional teams across various departments Required
- Strong analytical skills Required
- 3 years steam or gas operations, planning, or engineering experience in a technical and analytic capacity Preferred
- Experience with power plant equipment and operation Preferred
- Familiar with steam distribution systems Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.