Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Field Operations Planner (FOP) will oversee, plan, coordinate and evaluate Company crews and contractors to affect the safe, efficient, cost effective and environmental sound operation, maintenance and construction of the Steam Distribution System.
- The FOP schedules all aspects of works, ensures compliance with regulatory code requirements and company policies, procedures and specifications.
- Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Prepare work activities plan in Construction, Planning, EH&S, SDS and/or Field Operation sections.
- Oversee and coordinate Company crews and contractor's work activities.
- Monitor, evaluate and report Company crews and contractor's performance and seek continuous improvement.
- Track and control project costs, budgets and accruals for contractor work.
- Review, plan, schedule and organize main and service outage.
- Review all work documentations and ensure its accuracy.
- Respond to all internal and external complaints and emergencies.
- Ensure availabilities of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Maintain proper staff level among Company crews and contractors including vacation and training schedules.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related discipline And 3 years' experience equivalent business experience is required. Or
- Associate's Degree Engineering or related discipline And 4 years' experience equivalent business experience is required. Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years' experience equivalent business experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering And 3 years' experience equivalent business experience is required
Required Work Experience
- Must demonstrate the ability to gain a working knowledge of the installation, maintenance and repair of Steam Distribution main, service, and customer piping systems and related equipment. Required
- Must have experience with emergency response (Incident Command) and qualified as a HAZWOPER First Responder. Required
- Must have experience with operating procedures and their application to work being performed. Required
- Must have experience in preparing work activity plans. Required
- Must have excellent leadership and communication skills along with the ability to work as part of a team. Required
- Must have experience in related Operations or Construction , including supervisory experience. Required
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: New York City/New York State Asbestos Supervisor and NYS Inspector certificate 1 Year Preferred
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confimed spaces
- Must work in, under, and on top of all types of company vehicles/equipment
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must enter underground vaults through manholes
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be clean shaven and approved to wear a 1/2 face or full face respirator
- Must be clean shaven and approved to wear self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.