Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Electrical Technician (Instruments and Controls) is responsible for performing the necessary testing, repairing, and preventative maintenance on hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic control systems and instrumentation along with ensuring safe and efficient steam plant operations. They will also handle projects involving the implementation of design changes, major maintenance activities, including fuel systems, chemical treatment systems, electrical relays, generators, steam turbines, gas turbines and auxiliary equipment systems. Strong oral and written communications skills along with the ability to read and understand process and instrument diagrams as well as mechanical and electrical drawings will be necessary.
- Working knowledge of: industrial instrumentation, water treatment systems, electrical relays, generators, steam turbines, gas turbines, CEMS, PLC, DCS, high voltage switchgears, switchyard equipment operation and maintenance.
- Work as a team member as well as capable of independent work.
- Perform the necessary testing, repairing, and preventative maintenance on hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic control systems, and auxiliary equipment systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with the ability to read and understand process and instrument diagrams as well as mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Ability to use electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Associate's Degree AAS in Electrical Technology Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 4 Years Equivalent Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering
Skills & Ability
- Quickly troubleshoots and resolves problems
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.