Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Develops, manages, implements and measures a portfolio of new and existing grants and programs which support the company's philanthropic efforts and core business initiatives.
- Identify and cultivate relevant nonprofit partnerships consistent with the company's focus areas and resources and create a reciprocal environment for information exchange.
- Assist in the development and planning of workshops, conferences and other events that address and evaluate current industry trends and community needs.
- Conceptualize and drive implementation of innovative and creative signature programs as needed.
- Develop, administer and maintain annual portfolio budget and prioritize funding choices.
- Plan, organize and produce all grant program details including grant fulfillment, staffing of events, communications, site visits, evaluations and reporting.
- Support the development of a measurement framework for the charitable contributions program to help tell the story of Con Edison's impact in our communities.
- Serve as emergency responder and participate in all aspects of Corporate Affairs responsibilities during emergencies and assist in preparation of emergency preparedness information.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years work experience, preferably in a related field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nonprofit Management, Business Administration, Political Science, Marketing or related major. And 5 years work experience, preferably in a related field.
Required Work Experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop, administer and analyze programs. Required
- Experience in project development and management. Required
- Excellent oral and written communications, presentation and interpersonal skills. Required
- Ability to manage multiple events and projects simultaneously. Required
- Unwavering attention to detail, impeccable organizational and time management skills and commitment to exceptional customer service. Required
- Demonstrated ability to function independently or with a small team to reach challenging goals under sometimes tight deadlines. Required
- Successful internal and external stakeholder relationship management experience. Required
- Knowledge of best practices in nonprofit impact measurement Preferred
- Experience in grant measurement and evaluation as it applies to the corporate giving space Preferred
- Previous experience in corporate philanthropy or the CSR space preferred Preferred
- Background in financial reporting and general accounting procedures. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.